Sunday, December 6, 2015

Make your own Tarn reading rug!

You know those really cute and cozy round rugs you see all over blog-land? I wanted one! Badly! I had the perfect spot in the boy's room where little bottoms would enjoy plonking down to read their books on something far more comfortable than the tiles. I'm not a massive fan of shopping at the mall, but when I have popped in - it's always on my list to look out for. Something soft, home-made looking and most importantly, round. There is something extremely lovely about a round rug. I came out empty-handed every time. 


You can imagine my surprise when I actually won six bobbins of 'tarn' along with a crochet pattern on how to make my very own...wait for it.....a Round Crochet Rug! Tarn hosted the fantastic competition. I am so impressed with their broad selection of t-shirt yarn, easy-to-follow patterns and overall brand. I'd highly recommend them for holiday crafting! A glass of something, kids playing in the back yard - all while you are crocheting up something wonderful - pretty awesome! I did exactly that, and after only two days I had made up the most perfect little reading rug. I literally had not crocheted a single thing in over five years and was amazed at how easy it is to pick it right back up. The thick yarn makes it easy to hide mistakes and a stitch picked up here or there. Most importantly, the boys love it. Jack finds a little spot, unpacks his treasures and plays for hours! 



No comments:

Post a Comment