Saturday, August 8, 2015

Second Look: Home Office

The sun is out and the weather is warm. It felt like the perfect day to take a few pics of the updates we've done to my workspace since the first look. Looking back, I'd say 3 out of 6 checks off the to-list is pretty good!

* Spray-paint gold corners onto black frames
* Paint desk white (the existing bronze handles are going to pop out beautifully!)
* Drill a hole into the back of the chest of drawers to hide wires
* Buy four white files to replace the multi-coloured ones I currently have. Re-label them.
* Buy a comfortable cushion for office chair
* Look into a rug option for these chilly days

I love the difference the gold corners make to the artwork. I used the same gold spray paint to jazz up a waste paper basket for under the desk. You can read more about that tutorial here. I also love my Millamae notepad that I bought recently. Beautiful stationary made locally, and the ladies behind the brand are just as lovely. For the desk, we used two coats of Annie Sloan 'pure white' chalk paint and a coat of furniture sealer to give it that antiqued look. It's coming together I tell you! What do you think of the changes?









No comments:

Post a Comment