Saturday, June 28, 2014

Smoothie Recipe #1: Pineapple, Strawberries & Papaya

My four year old LOVES smoothies. From the time he was a little baby, my mom and I would treat him to a smoothie date at Kauai whenever we had the chance. The friendly staff at the Hillcrest branch knew his order 'off by heart'. 

We've recently taken up the old tradition again, except blending up our own at home. Jesse and I choose & cut up the fruit together and we've start experimenting what we do and don't like. One of the recipes we recently enjoyed was this combination (I think it tastes like watermelon strangely enough!):

Ingredients:
x 1/2 pineapple
x 1 small papaya
x Handful of strawberries
x A Tablespoon or two of yogurt (optional)
x Honey (optional) 
x Crushed Ice

What is your favourite smoothie combination?


No comments:

Post a Comment