Thursday, June 12, 2014

The question of business success

If you've followed my going-ons for more than two years, you will remember that I ran an accessories business for five years that I closed down in September 2013. You can read all about it here.

And if you have been following along over the last few months, you will know that I've just started on a new business venture with my first open day on the horizon. Eek!

As I spent this morning working on my marketing strategy, I found myself thinking back to my accessory-making days, and whether or not I did things the most efficient or productive way. I can check a lot of 'yes' boxes, and some 'no' boxes right up there too relating to various undertaking of running a small business.

Having said all that, it dawned on me so clearly today. In everything that passed over those five years - the slow months, great months, busy holiday seasons, lucrative tea party sales, no-sale markets, frustrating creative blocks, inspiration, ups and downs - my business was always successful. To me. 

It gave me the priceless gift of being a stay-at-home mom. 

Will my long length clothing line find it's place in the market and prove to be a business success? I hope so! But in my eyes, it already is. After a year of salary earning in the great big office world, I'm proud to say I am a stay-at-home working mom again and my heart is full.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment