Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013, it's been real!


As i've been reading through fellow bloggers' new year resolutions today, I realized that I have hopes of my own. I think it's a perfect idea to write it all down as a reminder not to get lost in the days and months that pass by so quickly.

1. I want to spend more time in prayer with Clint. Marriage can highlight so many petty arguments and situations, but whenever we sit down to pray together as a couple we gain a fresh perspective of who God is and we quickly see how shallow our little problems are. I want to be more disciplined to pray for others and not just for my own purpose.

2. I'd like to work for myself again this time 2014. More details to follow in February!

3. Work out a natural approach to balance my ever fluctuating hormones. Exercise, diet and more sleep included. Hot flushes at 28? No thank you! I've come a LONG way, but I've learned to respect hormones as a very real part of my life.

4. Make a trip to a country that I once called home: Mauritius. Forget the scenic views, I want to visit the church family and friends that I spent a year with while attending bible school. My husband made a trip back in 2013 - fingers crossed its my turn this year!

5. Most importantly I want to remember that God's grace has brought me through many tears. I didn't think there was a chance I'd be so happy and healthy at the end of such a trying year. Whatever plan there is for me and my family, there will always be grace enough to get us through. I am so grateful for this hope - I'd be a lost cause without it. 


 Romans 5:1 - 4: Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment