Sunday, September 29, 2013

Geometric Wall Art

A budget friendly way to work a pop of colour into your home decor. I had a few pieces of square cardstock leftover from a previous project, some basic acrylics in the cupboard and a roll of washi tape. I didn't have the right picture frame size on hand, so to keep the costs down I sold a few unused frames we had lying around and bought the perfect square frame new.

Supplies you will need:

x  Piece of square cardstock ( I used fushia pink )
x  Roll of washi tape / painters tape
x  Two acrylic paint colours of your choice ( I used white + cream )
x  Palette / Old plate
x  Paint brush
x  Cup of water
x  Picture frame ( I bought mine from Mr Price Home for R150 )
x  Large piece of cardstock ( I bought mine from Waltons for R5 ) Optional 

Instructions:

Use your tape to create a geometric pattern on your cardstock. Alternate between two or more paint colours to fill in the shapes. Allow time for the paint to dry completely, peel off the tape and get ready to frame. Tip: I cut out a thick white border from some standard white cardstock to use as a mount for my artwork.




No comments:

Post a Comment