Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Denim dress makeover

I love a good deal. When I saw a light denim dress selling for R19.99, I just knew with a little extra loving, it could be a go-to dress for the summer. I originally planned to sew a few aqua and blue buttons around the neckline, but halfway through opted for a simple white broderie anglaise trim instead. 

Supplies you will need:

x  Plain dress / v-neck top
x  Assortment of buttons / broderie anglaise trim
x  Needle and thread / fabric glue

Instructions:

Lay out your buttons in the desired pattern. Take a photo to remind you of positioning. Start sewing! If you are using the trim, you can either use fabric glue for a quick fix like I did, or if you are comfortable with a sewing machine you could attach with a straight / zigzag stitch.

Photo credit: Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment